Ok, so maybe I wasn’t able to get the mermaids on camera…but I did manage to capture some charmed moments anyway! Koh Lipe is a tiny hidden island in the cornflower blue depths of the Andaman sea…
“In the deepest spot of all, stands the castle of the Sea King. Its walls are built of coral, and the long, gothic windows are of the clearest amber. The roof is formed of shells, that open and close as the water flows over them. Their appearance is very beautiful, for in each lies a glittering pearl, which would be fit for the diadem of a queen.”
Hans Christian Anderson, The Little Mermaid
1. Sitting in the powder-white sand with a pal, feeling it shift beneath us.
“I’m an introvert. I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” Audrey Hepburn
2. Dipping your fingers in water so clear and blue is like touching the sky.3. Realizing charmed words can be found on every corner, if you look.
4. “Can you see the sunset real good on the West side? You can see it on the East side too.” S.E Hinton.
5. Watching boats floating around you in the sea, you become more aware that the piece of land you’re standing on is also suspended in clear water.
6. Sarongs. Sarongs everywhere.
7. You never know what you’ll discover when you just choose to keep turning left.
8. There’s no place like home. If you’re ever in this corner of the world, make sure to go to this hidden gem!
“We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.” William James.